Perfect Oatmeal Breakfast
There is a traditional portuguese recipe of rice pudding that I love, and looks like this:
Some weeks ago my mother called me saying that she had just made some, I couldn’t think about anything else the rest of de day.
And, although it is an easy recipe, I’m positive that wouldn’t be weightloss appropriate.
I got in the kitchen and I try to make an alternative rice pudding, with oatmeal.
Guess what? It came out GREAT! It tastes almost the same, and it has the same texture! But is healthy, of course!
So, I’m gonna share the recipe with you!
Ingredients (2 servings):
- 6 tbsps rolled oats (60gr);
- 1 2/3 cup (400ml) skim soy milk;
- Some Stevia;
- 2 tsp cinnamon;
- Some lemon peel.
- Place the oats, the soy milk, 1 tsp cinnamon and the lemon peel in a small saucepan, and bring to medium heat, stirring frequently;
- When the milk starts to boil, lower the heat, and add stevia (to taste);
- Cook about 3 or 4 minutes;
- Remove the lemon peel;
- Put the oatmeal into bowls and garnish with cinnamon.
Nutritional info (per serving):
- 185 calories;
- 8.6g protein;
- 2.4g fat;
- 24.9g carbs;
- 2.6g fiber.
I usually do it the night before, because I prefer it cold.
It’s my current favourite breakfast!